Don’t Let Gambling Grow Bigger than You
Be a Responsible Gambler
What does it mean to be a responsible gambler? Responsible gamblers are those who are always in control of their actions. They never let gaming get ahead of them. A responsible gambler gets the maximum joy out of their casino experiences.
Here are the main characteristics of a responsible gambler:
- Always in control of their bets.
- Can stop at any time.
- Playing for fun, not money.
- I’m not ashamed of gambling.
Safe Gambling Tips
To avoid getting into troubles, check these tips on how to become a responsible gambler.
Don’t make gambling your job.
When you work somewhere, you usually earn more money than you spend. Just try to enjoy the process. There is no need to turn it into a cash-making machine. Don’t take the game too seriously.
Mind your personal limits.
Decide what sum of money you’re willing to spend on wagers. Don’t make it too high, just for you to play for entertainment. However, not only funds but time matters. Set a fixed amount of time. Try to follow it without any cop-outs.
Don’t gamble in a bad mood or under the influence of something.
The casino isn’t a place to escape from your problems. When players are under bad emotions, they can’t really think clearly. Therefore, they spend more money than they can afford. Be certain you feel good when deciding to gamble.
The situation is the same with alcohol and drugs. You can’t fully control your actions and thoughts. Better not to come to the casino in such a condition.
Understand that you can lose.
You won’t win every time, and it’s okay. This thought should be dominant when you make another wager. Perhaps, accepting losses is one of the most important parts of gambling and winning.
Don’t make wagering your only entertainment.
There are other ways to spend your spare time. Just don’t focus only on gambling. It’s not about gambling only. World is full of opportunities. Try something new, find a hobby for yourself.
How To Notice Gambling Addiction
Facing up the problem is the most important and, at the same time, the toughest thing for the player. It’s like your bad habits, you just overlook them. Here are some signs of gambling addiction:
- Hide that you’re playing. Probably, you just don’t want to tell others, because you think they can misunderstand it. Or want to amaze them with a great win. Anyway, this is not ok if you lie.
- The only thing on your mind. Are you preoccupied with gambling? Thinking of it at work and imagining the slots spinning? There’s a whole life around. Don’t let gambling control your focus.
- Can’t stop. Can you really control how much time you spend on playing? It’s important to be able to quit at any moment and not to spend all your money trying to chase your losses.
- Gamble with no funds. There is not an unusual situation when players spend all their personal money at first, and then move on to the endless loans they can’t afford. And that’s not the worst part. Even more dangerous when gamblers start stealing to make a new wager.
- Have those who fret about you. Concerns don’t come from anything. If you have relatives or friends who worry about you, don’t ignore them. Try to listen to their thoughts. Gamblers can seldom say there is something wrong with their habits. In that case, only others can help.
If you have at least one of these signs, consider analysing your habits, and ask for some help if needed. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Gambling addiction is a serious issue that requires professional assistance. Even the most hardened players need someone’s helping hand from time to time.
Get Help With Gambling Addiction
Even when players realise they have some problems with gambling habits, they rarely can overcome them alone. For that reason, there are specialised organisations that can help to get rid of this addiction:
This organisation is the most well-known among gamblers all over the world. The only requirement you should meet is to release your problem and be ready to solve it. Players get through the 12-step process and eventually quit gambling.
The National Council on Problem Gambling
On the website of this organisation, players can find professional helpers from the United Kingdom, specialising in overcoming gambling problems. Besides, there is also some important information about gambling addiction and how to treat it.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
It’s a health agency that helps people from all over the world. There is a completely free round-the-clock helpline you can call. It works for those who have any mental troubles, like harmful gambling habits.
Mind it, there are people who really worry about you. Don’t forget to listen to them. Gambling should be your choice, a pleasant choice, not an addiction. Be a responsible gambler: set your limits and don’t take it too seriously.