Gambling at Real Money Casinos
If you are thinking about making the leap from gambling for free to online gambling for real money, you will want to be as sure as you can that you are not going to start losing pot-loads of cash. The best way you can do that is to pick trusted casinos and to be aware of how to gamble responsibly. We hope you will find this page a help to guide you down the right path.
TOP 10 UK Casinos to Gamble for Real Money
200% Welcome Bonus up to £500
- New players only
- No Deposit Offer: Claim in 48 hrs
- 14 day expiry
- FP wins are credited as bonus and capped at £10, exc. JP win
- 50x wagering
- Deposit Bonus Offer: £20 min deposit
- Valid for selected games
- Bonus wins capped at £500
- 30x wagering – req. vary by game
- Bonus expires within 90 days
- Withdrawal terms, No Deposit Offer terms & Deposit Bonus Offer terms apply.
- Top-Notch Mobile Application
- Average RTP across all games of 96%
- Fair gaming certified through eCOGRA
50 Extra Spins
- 50 free spins on first deposit.
- After your first deposit you may claim your 30 Extra Free Spins by visiting the Kicker Section.
- Offer is only available for first time depositors.
- Min deposit is £10.
- 50 Free Spins on Book of Dead. (Spin Value: £0.10).
- All wins paid in cash
- Bonus With No Wagering Requirements
- No maximum win
100%/£111 + 77 FS
- New UK players only, 18+
- A minimum deposit of £10 is required for welcome offer
- Refund bonus is subject to a 60x wagering requirement
- Skrill and Neteller deposits are not eligible for this offer
- Be gamble responsible.
- 23 free spins no deposit bonus
- 1-2 days payout speed
- Full live casino section
- New player offer
- Valid for 15 days after 1st deposit.
- Min Deposit £20
- Max Bonus Bet £5
- Winnings from spins capped at £50
- First 100 Zee spins: 10/day. Spins must be used within 24 hours, Funds within 30 days.
- Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35 wagering
- Top-tier software providers
- 1294+ casino games
- 100% safe and secure
- 18+ New Players only. Gamble responsibly.
- 0-24 withdrawal time frame
- Live chat 24/7
- New UK Customers only
- Min deposit £10
- 100% bonus up to £150
- 15 Free Spins on Book of Dead spin value=£0.10 +85 Free Spins on Aloha Christmas spin value=£0.10
- Min 35x wagering
- Bonus code: NOVIXMAS100
- Skrill & Neteller deposits Excluded
- Bonus & Free Spins Valid for 30 days
- Please gamble responsibly.
- Over 1,000 Games
- Perfect For VIP Players
- Withdrawals are unlimited
- New UK players only, 18+
- A minimum deposit of £10 applies to claim bonus offers
- Bonus is subject to a 30x wagering requirement
- Various games contribute differently towards playthroughs
- Gamble responsibly
- 0-24 hour withdrawal timeframes
- 80+ jackpot games
- Software from NetEnt & Playtech
- New UK players only, 18+
- A minimum deposit of £10 applies
- Bonus is subject to a 45x wagering requirement
- Skrill and Neteller are ineligible for the welcome offer
- Maximum bet is £5
- Gamble responsible.
- Weekly extra spins
- Offers Live Dealer & Mobile Games
- Progressive jackpots of over $1 million
New players only.
1 bonus per player.
Min. deposit £20.
Bonus spins on selected games only and must be used within 72 hours.
Bonus funds are 100% match up to £500 on your 1st deposit,
25% match up to £1000 on your 2nd deposit,
50% match up to £500 on your 3rd deposit.
- Generous welcome bonus
- Offers 24-hour withdrawal option
- Offers games from world-leading software providers
- New players only.
- £10 min deposit. £30 max bet using bonus.
- 40x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days.
- Skrill + Neteller excluded.
- Max Bonus £100
- 100% welcome bonus
- Mobile friendly casino
- £10 minimum deposit
Things to Consider When Considering Transitioning from Free to Real Money Gambling
Gambling for free is all very well, but it can never satisfy why people enjoy having a flutter in the first place, which is to win money. Winning “token” money is not the same, nor can it ever be. If you want to make the transition from “pretend” gambling to real, you need to be fully aware of both the upside and the potential downside.
What are the advantages and disadvantages you need to consider – the pros and the cons – the good and the bad? Let us start with the bad.
The downside of gambling with real money
Gambling is often talked about negatively in the same way the alcohol and drugs are. The fear is not so much becoming addicted, as letting that addiction take over. Many people are addicted to things like reading, or going to the gym, going shopping, going to the cinema, eating out, etc. But the trouble starts when such addictions get out of control. They can make you:
- Set aside regular activitie
- Practice obsessive behaviour
- Run out of money for essentials
Admittedly, some of the above-mentioned points only happen in extreme cases, but happen they can happen, nonetheless.
The upside of gambling with real money
The vast majority of people control their urges to do things within reason. Having a social drink with friends, and controversially, even taking recreational cannabis; both are socially acceptable. Gambling with real money is similar. Controlled online gambling is not only accepted; it’s normal. Millions of people play the lottery, and that is a form of gambling. Having a flutter can be fun. It can be:
- A release from stress
- A way of winning money
Some people even turn gambling into a successful profession, and as an industry, it donates a lot of money to very worthy and undersubscribed causes.
Why Choose to Gamble Real Money Online
Gambling at conventional, bricks, and mortar casinos is just not practical for many people. There are not that many land-based real money casinos around in the UK, and many people who want to gamble must travel great distances to find one. There are also other things to consider, like dress codes. Most conventional ones insist on specific types of clothing that must be worn.
Both of these disadvantages are easily solved by betting at online casinos. You can do it from the comfort of your own home, or even when you are out and about. All you need is a compatible device and access to the internet. Also, because you are only visiting an online casino in the virtual sense, it doesn’t matter what you wear.
Main Criteria to Select the Best Online Real Money Casinos
Doing anything online is now quite safe as long as you know what precautions to take. Yes, some people are still reticent to use the internet through fear of cybercrime. But if you have the right firewall, virus, and data protection software in place, that threat is almost non-existent. The same can be said for online casinos.
Casinos with UKGC licensing
The first thing to check is that a casino is properly licensed. Here in the UK, we have one of the strongest licensing agencies in the world, in the UK Gaming Commission (UKGC). If real money casinos in UK jurisdictions are licensed by the UKGC, you can be sure that they are safe and have the highest security standards.
Payment systems and speed of withdrawals
Making sure that an online casino offers secure payment systems is essential. As well as the usual trusted names like Mastercard and Visa, look for the ones that accept eWallets, and cryptocurrencies.
The speed of withdrawals is another important factor. Some online casinos have longer withdrawal times than others, so choose one carefully.
Accessing a wide variety of games and slots is another key factor in choosing an online casino. The wider the choice and the greater number of games it offers, the better. You should also opt for casinos that partner with top games software designers. Look for real money slots games from names like Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, NetEnt, and Playtech.
Look for Great Promotions
Bonuses are something that all online gamblers look out for, and there are some excellent ones around. The online gambling industry is hugely competitive, and casinos have to offer great deals to draw new customers and keep existing clients.
Welcome bonuses, in particular, can be very lucrative. Many come with free spin offers, and these are a great way of trying out a casino or a new game for free before parting with any cash.
Top online UK real money casinos
You need to play at the top UK online casinos to be successful and to enjoy gambling that pays real money. Here are some of the most highly rated.
- 888 Casino
- All British Casino*
- Casino Planet*
- Mr Green*
- Mr Play*
- Winstar Casino*
- Piggy Bang*
The * indicates that the casino is rated as being beginner-friendly. Any of these could prove a good place to start.
Popular Casino Games you can Win Real Money at
Any game you’ll find at land-based casinos can also be played at online casinos. In fact, more game variants have been developed specifically for the online gaming community. Here are some of the most popular.
Slots are undoubtedly the most popular of all. They come in many guises. A slot machine can be 3-reel, 5-reel, progressive jackpot, themed – there are so many from which to choose. For newbies, there are many online casino real money no deposit offers that can make it even more profitable.
As a casino table game that involves betting on cards, blackjack is popular the world over. It is fun and easy to play. You are dealt two cards face up. Add the value of the two cards together to score anywhere from 4 to 21. Court cards are worth 10 points and others, their “pip” value. The object is to score 21 without busting. You call blackjack if your first two cards are an ace and a card with a value of 10. Two cards totaling 21, including a black Jack, is the highest of all.
In global popularity, blackjack is second only to Poker.
Poker is the most famous and popular card game in the world. There are almost countless variants of the game with Texas Hold ’em, and other Hold ’em options, plus Omaha-hi and hi/lo, Razz, Seven Card Stud. These are just a few of the many kinds of online poker to try your hand at.
The phrases “online casino real money” and “playing roulette” go hand in hand. It is surely one of the most archetypal of all table games. Like poker, the online variations are vast, with many game software companies developing their own interpretations. They include American Roulette, European Roulette, French Roulette, Multi-wheel Roulette, and Mini Roulette.
Of course, it doesn’t stop there. There are other famous online casino table games, too, such as Baccarat, and Craps.
Top Tips on How to Play at Online Casinos
Online casinos real money betting is fun. To get the ultimate amount of pleasure from this, target the best of British.
Terms and conditions
You should never leave anything to chance. That is why it is essential to read all terms and conditions before you sign up. It might prove a little onerous to read the whole thing through, but it is worth doing.
Check our bonus offers
Bonus offers are the lifeblood of the online gambler. Yes, they are designed to boost the number of players that visit a particular casino, but they are also genuine chances for free and reduced cost entertainment. If you do your research well, you may find a free casino to win real money on.
We already advised you to check out a casino’s terms and conditions, but it is important to do so, especially when it comes to bonus offers. They usually come with time constraints, wagering requirements, and restrictions of the machine or game you can use them on.
Check out for the Reviews
You are not the only one thinking about gearing up from free gambling to betting with real money or looking for new games. There are thousands of people doing the same thing, and that is why there is such a vibrant market for online casino reviews.
The people who write these reviews are experienced gamblers and industry professionals who know exactly what a player is looking for, be they newbies or seasoned gamers. They have already done the hard work of checking out for things like licensing, safety, security, ease of payments, customer support, and RTP ratings.
So if, for example, you’re hoping to find an online casino real money PayPal option, check through a few reviews. They contain all the information a player needs to know.
The Various Ways of Gambling Online
Gambling on the move
Mobile gaming is the fastest expanding sector of the online gambling industry. Thanks to the latest mobile technology and the availability of apps for android and iOS devices, you can play all sorts of games at a wide range of casinos on any mobile device, including iPhones, Android smartphones, iPads, and tablets.
The latest development in the online betting scene has been the development of live gaming. It has been around for a couple of years, but now the software developers have made huge strides forward into improving the live gaming experience. It has now got to the stage where it rivals playing at a real, bricks and mortar, land-based casino. Some people even prefer the online versions.
You can even interact with fellow gamblers around you in the casino and chat with the dealer too. It’s as real life as it gets.
There is more to online betting than playing at a casino in the conventional way – i.e., with a desk or laptop device and connecting via your computer’s browser. You can also play using a mobile device.
Options for Depositing Money
Having decided to take the plunge and sample the fun and thrills of online gambling, you will want the experience to be as user-friendly and convenient as possible – especially where depositing money is concerned. Even when you opt for an online casino real money no deposit offer, if you win some real money, you will probably have to make a cash deposit to withdraw your winnings anyway. Although many of the offers say they are no deposit, it may not be true when it comes to withdrawing bonus money.
Credit card payments are no longer allowed in the UK, as this is now part of the drive towards responsible gambling. But you can still use debit cards.
eWallets are gaining in popularity with more and more online casinos starting to accept them. They include the like of EcoPayz, Neteller, PayPal, and Skrill. Prepaid cards are also growing in popularity as these, too, are great for practicing responsible gambling. The most popular one trending now is Paysafecard.
Boku is also becoming increasingly popular. Instead of using money from your bank to pay bills or deposit money, Boku enables you to pay via your monthly phone bill. Many people who use their mobiles for online gambling prefer using this method of payment.
What KYC is and Why it is Important in Online Gaming
KYC stands for “Know Your Client.” It is a series of checks carried out to guard anyone, including game players, against financial crime. The tests carried out under its auspices include identity, age, and the source of funds. It is a system that is overseen by industry regulators to help prevent cybercrime.
- What difference is there from free play to gambling with real money?
- It is all about winning. You can play for free at many online casinos. But if you win, you will have to deposit real money to fulfill the bonus offer's wagering requirements.
- What is the best online casino game to play to win real money prizes?
- There is no straightforward answer. The biggest payout jackpot game is Mega Moolah. However, you should check out the RTP on any game you want to play, as this can vary significantly.
- Can you play free before playing for real money?
- Yes, you can. Many online casinos offer free slot bonuses that do not require deposits.
- How do you withdraw money?
- To withdraw money at an online casino, go to your account and request a withdrawal. You will first need to ensure you have met any necessary qualifications, such as wagering.
- Can you win real money playing slots?
- Yes. Some progressive jackpot slots pay out millions of pounds worth of prize money.
- Which is the best method to use for making deposits?
- It is very much down to the individual. Most deposit methods, especially eWallets and prepaid cards, are almost instantaneous. However, make sure you can use the same method for withdrawals.
- What currencies can you use at online casinos?
- Currencies vary from casino to casino. The most commonly accepted are Sterling, Euros, and US dollars.