Video Poker Casinos in the UK
We have put together the best sites where you can play online poker and win big.
- Instant play casino - no download required
- 15x wagering on Welcome Bonus & Spins
- Deposit £10 play with 50FS
- Live dealer game offering
- iOS downloads available
- £10 deposit casino
- Huge selection of games
- No Deposit Bonus Available
- Big welcome bonus worth over £1000.
- You can win up to 500 free spins
- Mobile-friendly platform
- £5 Minimum Deposit
- All wins paid in cash
- Bonus With No Wagering Requirements
- £10 minimum deposit
How We Rate the Best Video Poker Sites
There are numerous online casinos that provide their customers with wide range of games, but not all of these sites have a proper licence and are able to keep your personal data protected. We understand the importance of playing at a safe and secure casino, so we have drafted a list of factors to consider before choosing a casino to play video poker.
We are particularly concerned about helping UK players choose only among the most reliable sites. British ratings of online casinos are usually based on the sites’ legal congruence along with extra features connected to customer experience. The main ones are listed below.
- Casinos’ Age Restrictions: Online gambling is legal in the United Kingdom, but the operators must obey with the UK gambling commission’s rules and regulations. These rules are made to control illegal gambling and make the industry safer for players. The legal age for gambling in Britain is 18 and above. Any casino site that violates this should not be trusted.
- Available Licences: Video poker casinos, like any other ones, must receive a gaming license from the UK Gambling Commission before providing services to players. Such brands pass through regular checks that guarantees they provide fair play. We make sure that both these factors are obtained by each casino operator that we recommend.
- Bonuses & Promotions: Another factor we consider in rating these sites is the casino bonuses. Bonuses should have a value for a player; they are meant to be big and juicy. For instance, casino welcome bonuses, loyalty bonuses, VIP promotions, free spins, cash bonuses, no deposit bonuses, etc., are all types of bonuses that casinos can offer their customers. The way how solid casino bonuses are will determine how well they will attract and retain customers.
- Game Selection and Its Providers: The variety of video poker games for free that a casino offers is another important factor for us when rating such websites. The quality and variety of games are what our experts check before adding any brand to our list. Reputable and world-recognised software developers will have the most outstanding games on the market. Such providers as NetEnt, Play’n’Go, Microgaming, and others have the most outstanding games millions of users have already become fans of.
- Optimisation for Mobile Devices: When rating each video poker website we always check if it is optimised for mobile devices and how smooth it works both in smartphone browser and within an app. All games that are available on PCs should be accessible from a user’s mobile device without loosing in quality. There might be some games that can be played only from computers, but there are only a few of them.
Free Video Poker Casinos vs. Real Money Ones
In this section we’re trying to compare both versions of video poker: the one that does not require any investments and the one that can lead to winning. The main pros and cons are listed below.
Advantages of playing for free
- You don’t need to worry about losing your money. Free Video Poker can be played without dropping a dime from your pocket.
- Free play is perfect for beginners. If you are a beginner, free video poker games are perfect for you, as you can keep replaying and getting used to the odds.
- Great for preparing for real money game. Free game allows one to practice different options and also try out various methods and tricks.
- No need to create an account. Therefore, arranging free games is quite easy and straightforward.
- The possibility of winning is guaranteed. And nothing beats the feeling and excitement of playing for real money!
- You can claim better bonuses. For every deposit made on a casino you’ll receive lucrative bonuses: welcome offers, free spins, loyalty bonuses, cashback, and others. Even the minimum deposit will work for the majority of deals.
- Unlimited poker variations are available. Playing real money video poker also gives you access to the various options of games without a limit. As a real money player, you also get to try out one with a live dealer.
- The Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
- Three of a Kind
- Two Pair
- One Pair
- And High Card.
- Learn the basic poker math and the pre-flop/post-flop essentials. Take a step further by understanding the variance of video poker games, and you’ll always be a stronger competitor.
- Choose a casino website wisely; it will also determine how exciting your experience will be. Feel free to use Casinosters to find a variety of brands where video poker games are available and enjoy them online.
- Check the payback percentage of every game. That’s because the higher the percentage, the juicier the payout is. This is one way to tell the difference between good video poker and the one you should avoid.
But as we all know, whatever has pros must have at least one con. The downsides of free playing include the impossibility to win real money no matter how good a player is. Besides, free versions of popular titles lack some video poker variations, including live dealer games.
Advantages of real money game
The major downside to a real money video poker casino is that you can actually lose all your money with just one wrong move. Once you start playing for real cash, you are no longer doing ‘trial and error.’
Different kinds of Video Poker Games
Given the popularity of this type of game, online casinos offer its variations. Some of the most popular types are succinctly described below.
Jacks or Better — the most common type of the game that casino sites usually offer. A player is declared the winner if the final five-card hand contains a Jacks or Better pair. Jacks or Better poker also have different versions, and their payouts for flushes and full houses differ as well.
Double Bonus — this type of video poker is similar to Jacks or Better, but it comes with a huge payout if four aces are dealt. Its payout offers a theoretical return of 100.2 percent.
Deuces Wild — quite similar to Jacks or Better, as both require getting a 5-card hand and then deciding which ones to use or throw away. The difference is that in Deuces Wild all ‘2s’ is wild, and its pay schedules offer a theoretical return of over 100 percent.
Double Double Bonus — a variation of Jacks or Better that offers bonus payouts for different 4 of a particular kind.
Deal Draw Poker — the type of game that allows you to get paid even if you have a winning hand on the first deal. You then receive a payout on your hand after new cards have been drawn and the old ones discarded.
Double Down Stud Poker — while this one is called video poker, it actually a table game, so it is unique. In the game you’ll need to decide if you want to double your bet before your last card is handed to you.
Aces and Faces — this game works similar to Jacks or Better, but you will receive bonus payouts on ‘4 of a kind’ hands, including a face card or an ace card.
Tips on winning at Video Poker
If you are new to playing poker games, then ensure you do not get worked up if you see a poor hand. Video poker games are simple and straightforward, given you follow the steps and learn the basics. Just make sure to observe your opponents and focus on your strength areas.
Poker Hands Ranking
First of all, before you begin to deal, it is important to learn the poker hand ranking. Here they are located from the highest to the lowest one:
Useful tips for improving your poker gameplay
Besides, we’ve prepared some recommendations to help you play like a pro. Below you’ll find some points to bear in mind during the play.