The Best Blackjack Online Games and Casinos
Blackjack is one of the most popular online casino games. This game of skill attracts crowds of players to the most popular gambling sites in the UK. Unlike slots, this card game offers the lowest house edges making it a favourite among British players. On this page, we have picked out and displayed only the best online blackjack games. Read on to find out more about our list of top casinos that offer blackjack games.
€1,500 Welcome Bonus + 150 Zee Spins + 500 Zee Points
- New player offer
- Valid for 15 days after 1st deposit.
- Min Deposit £20
- Max Bonus Bet £5
- Winnings from spins capped at £50
- First 100 Zee spins: 10/day. Spins must be used within 24 hours, Funds within 30 days.
- Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35 wagering
- Top-tier software providers
- 1294+ casino games
- £10 minimum deposit
Deposit £10 Get 50 Sign Up Bonus Spins
- 50 free spins on first deposit.
- After your first deposit you may claim your 30 Extra Free Spins by visiting the Kicker Section.
- Offer is only available for first time depositors.
- Min deposit is £10.
- 50 Free Spins on Book of Dead. (Spin Value: £0.10).
- All wins paid in cash
- Bonus With No Wagering Requirements
- £10 minimum deposit
100% Welcome Bonus up to £200 + 25 Extra Spins
- New players only.
- Extra Spins (FS) expire in 14 days.
- FS wins credited in bonus.
- FS & bonus valid for selected games only.
- Bonus wins capped at £500.
- 30x wagering -req. UK only – deposit balance available for withdrawal at any time.
- Full T&Cs apply.
- £1500 max. Bonus
- Over 60 mobile casino games
- £10 minimum deposit
- New players only
- No Deposit Offer: Claim in 48 hrs
- 14 day expiry
- FP wins are credited as bonus and capped at £10, exc. JP win
- 50x wagering
- Deposit Bonus Offer: £20 min deposit
- Valid for selected games
- Bonus wins capped at £500
- 30x wagering – req. vary by game
- Bonus expires within 90 days
- Withdrawal terms, No Deposit Offer terms & Deposit Bonus Offer terms apply.
- Top-Notch Mobile Application
- Average RTP across all games of 96%
- Fair gaming certified through eCOGRA
- New players only.
- Minimum deposit of £10.
- Bonus funds are 121% up to £300 and separate to Cash funds.
- 35x bonus wagering requirements.
- £5 max bet with bonus.
- Bonus must be used within 30 days otherwise any unused bonus shall be removed.
- Terms Apply.
- Gamble responsibly.
- 500+ games from top quality developers
- Weekly promotions
- Virtual sports betting
What Is Online Blackjack?
One of the most popular banking games played in casinos online is no other than blackjack. Some gamblers may know the game under the name Twenty-One, which is still acceptable by players and casinos all over the world. The rules of this online table game may differ from the standard blackjack, but most of the gameplay options are similar to what you will find in a traditional casino.
Here, one or more players compete against a dealer by comparing the value of the cards in hand. The main objective of this game is to get a natural or blackjack (card count with a value of 21) when the dealer does not have one. You can also win the game without exceeding or getting a 21 by having a higher card count on your final deal or when the dealer’s hand value goes over 21 points (“busts”).
Online blackjack is also played with one or more decks of 52 cards. The value of your cards in hand is determined by adding the respective numbers on each card, except for the ace and face cards (Jack, Queen, and King) which are worth ten and eleven or one, respectively. For you to win in this game, you will need to make decisions based on an optimal strategy.
The Best Blackjack Sites for UK Players
Before you put your strategy to test, let us help you identify the best blackjack UK site for your money. Our expert team has narrowed down your search and assembled an awesome list up of top-rated casinos for British players. It is important to know that we always recommend the best RNG and live-dealer blackjack sites in the market.
Here are some of the best blackjack online sites:
All British Casino
All British Casino offers a good selection of popular blackjack games from top developers such as Microgaming and NetEnt. You can also play a variety of live dealer games powered by Evolution Gaming. There is no better way to kickstart your online gaming session than with a blackjack casino that offers a 100% match welcome bonus that pays up to £100, which also comes with an additional 10% cashback.
PlayOJO displays a huge and impressive collection of live table games. Uk players get to enjoy featured live-dealer blackjack tables coming from top-notch software providers such as Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, and Pragmatic Play. This blackjack casino offers an exceptional gambling experience and bonus promotions that come with no wagering requirements.
Grosvenor casino features a mix of both classic online or RNG and live-dealer blackjack tables. The site has a fantastic selection of classic Table games. Here, the live-dealer gaming experience is powered by Evolution Gaming, a leading software developer with solutions that create a realistic gambling experience. This blackjack casino offers plenty of opportunities to win more with exclusive bonuses and daily perks.
888 casino claims to have table games for every gambler’s taste. You can find a decent selection of RGN blackjack games and a variety of exclusive live-dealer options. Playing in this gambling site gives you access to classic or American and multi-hand options. The blackjack casino allows you to make a side bet and increase your chances of winning big. Similar opportunities are available for winning lucrative bonuses.
The online blackjack experience in this site consists of a mix of classic, 3D, live-dealer, and progressive jackpot games. The table game lobby in this blackjack casino features a variety of 21 game options fully supported by Playtech. New players can stretch their bankrolls by claiming the casino’s lucrative welcome bonus to play multiple hands, progressive jackpot side bets, and new blackjack variations.
Casino.com offers a decent selection of RNG blackjack games from renowned software developers including Playtech. UK gamblers looking for a real gambling experience can fulfil their wishes by playing Twenty-one games against live-dealers. The blackjack casino offers engaging gameplay, displaying the best graphics and bonus offers for new players. You’ll find enough game variants to keep you entertained.
BetRegal offers a large selection of both RNG and Live casino blackjack games with plenty of innovative variations to keep players entertained. Most of the liver-dealer options in this blackjack casino are powered by Evolution gaming. The casino’s catalogue includes games that are not widely available in other UK sites. The game options offered in this platform come with fantastic graphics and smooth gameplay.
Genesis offers a wider variety of table games with a decent collection of both RNG and Live dealer blackjack games. Most of the games in this blackjack casino come with free play options. You are guaranteed to find a new favourite from this gambling site’s inventory powered by top software developers such Microgaming, NetEnt, and iSoftBet.
This blackjack casino offers a variety of seasonal games that can be played directly from the browser. As the name suggests, the games can be played all day and every day. The best thing about this gambling site is that 247 blackjack games are 100% free. This site is ideal for new blackjack lovers looking to develop some skills, experience, and knowledge about the card game.
Popular Online Blackjack Variations in UK Casinos
The best online blackjack UK sites offer exciting variations when it comes to the game selection they offer. Rules and special features make online blackjack games different from the ones you can play in a brick and mortar casino. Low rollers and high stakes players should first try to understand the card game variations before placing a real money wager.
Here are the most popular real money blackjack variations:
- Surrender – In some blackjack games, players are allowed to give up or fold their hands before making a hit. This feature comes in handy when you are willing to part with half of your wager rather than losing the whole amount. This move lets you cut your losses if your hand does not look promising. Some games may not allow this option when the dealer has a natural or blackjack.
- Switch – This blackjack variant is common among Playtech casinos. Here, players gamble with two hands and are allowed to exchange or switch the top two cards dealt in each of the two hands. You can also choose to switch the second cards of each hand. The objective of the gambler is to create the strongest possible hands in the game.
- Double Exposure – As the name suggests, the cards dealt on this blackjack variation face up. This variant makes it easy for the player to make the right move since all dealer cards are exposed. Usually, the house compensates by making changes to other rules. For example, the dealer wins on all ties except for a natural or blackjack. This variation is considered to have slightly lower pay-outs.
- Perfect Pairs – Different from the standard table, this Blackjack variation allows you to make a side-bet or additional stake banking on the possibility that your first two cards will be a perfect pair (cards of the same rank and suit). Your pay-out will depend on the value of the two pairing cards: red and black card pairs pay 6:1, while cards of the same rank and suit attract a pay-out ratio of 25:1.
- 21+3 – This blackjack variation allows you to make an additional side bet alongside your initial stake, which relies on the outcome of your first two cards and the dealer’s card facing up. It is a mix of Twenty-one and three-card poker. The player wins when the first three cards combine to form a flush, straight, three of a kind, straight flush, or suited three of a kind. Your pay-out depends on the value of your cards in hand.
- Pontoon – It is opposite to the double exposure. This Blackjack variation is played with all of the dealer’s dealt cards facing down. Due to the mystery created by the dealer’s cards, the player is compensated in the pay-out, which comes with a 2:1 pay ratio as opposed to 3:2 used in standard Twenty-one games.
- Single Deck – This variation is rare because most blackjack sites use six or eight decks. Casinos that use more than one deck aim to increase the house edge. In a single deck game, the house edge can be as low as 0.10%.
- Super Fun 21 – Playing this variation of Blackjack you will require six or more cards. Here, having a card count of 20 or less can beat the dealer’s natural.
- Progressive – This variation abides by the standard rules and allows players to place a side bet on a progressive jackpot. Common to most progressive blackjack variations, this additional wager predicts the presence of Aces. In this game option, the player needs to match a specific combination of cards (four aces of the same suit) to win the jackpot.
- Multi-hand – Different from the standard blackjack, the rules in this variation allow gamblers to play multiple hands in the same round of the game. You can play with up to five hands at a time.
- Insurance – This blackjack feature gives you the option to protect half the amount of your initial wager against the dealer’s natural. The insurance bet is usually equal to half the amount of your original stake.
Online Blackjack Basics
Blackjack is a game of chance and skill that has gained favour among intellectuals and mathematicians. Since skill is required, then there is a need to familiarize yourself with the basics of the game. This knowledge should help you come up with an optimal strategy to beat the house. In this section, you are going to learn more about the casino Blackjack basic rules.
If you are new to blackjack, then you should know that players in this table game aim to get a hand that has a value of or close to 21. Going beyond 21 is considered as a ‘bust’ and you eventually lose the game to the dealer. In this game, each face card (Jacks, Queens, and Kings) is worth ten points, and Aces can have a value of either one or eleven. The value of the other cards corresponds to their numerical order.
Casino blackjack is played between one or more players against the dealer. In each round, everyone on the table is dealt with two cards, including the dealer. Only one of the dealer’s cards will face up, while the rest of the cards on the table, face down. In case you are not satisfied with the look of your hand, the game provides come moves that you can use to increase your chances of winning.
Here are some of the moves you can make while playing black jack online:
- Hit – this option allows you to draw another card to increase the value of your hand.
- Stand (“stick”) – this move lets you maintain the value of your hand.
- Split – this play option is usually applicable when your initial two cards have the same value. It splits the two cards allowing you to gamble with two hands.
- Double (“double-down”) – You can use this option to double your initial wager and only draw an additional card afterward. Here, the player is taking a big risk for a promising big reward.
Players can win in three ways: hitting a ‘natural’ or ‘blackjack’ on the first two cards, having a hand value higher than that of a dealer, and when the dealer busts. Most Twenty-one game variations have the lowest house edges ranging from 0.5% to 1%. The house edge can be reduced further by playing with a real money blackjack strategy.
Types of Blackjack Gaming Options
RNG blackjack games may not create a more realistic gambling experience similar to that of the actual land-based casino. The Live casino blackjack tables provide the look and feel of a brick and mortar casino lobby. This gaming option is streamed in HD and offers Live chat features to create an interactive and immersive gaming experience. These live tables are run by professionally trained dealers.
Mobile Gaming Options
UK players can now play table games on the go. Many blackjack casinos that use the HTML5 technology, which allows you to play featured games directly from the website browser on your smartphone or tablet. The best mobile blackjack casinos offer native mobile apps for both the iOS and Android mobile devices. Just download the mobile casino apps and enjoy a smooth and convenient gaming experience.
Free Play Options
New players looking to try blackjack online for fun can do so from our list of online casinos. This gaming option is also ideal for British blackjack lovers looking to test and work on their strategies. The free-play option comes in handy when a player wants to learn the game rules. Beginners should always try free demos before they play RNG or live dealer games for real money.
Online Blackjack Casino Bonuses
Matched Deposit Bonus
The Welcome, first and consecutive deposit offers are all matched bonuses. The amount you will receive from the gambling site depends on a certain percentage of your stake, which ranges from between 50% and 200% depending on the casino you choose. For example, if a casino offers a 100% match up to £200, then it will match your stake up to £200 max. A deposit of £100 will earn you an extra fund of £100.
No Deposit Bonuses
Just from the name, it is easy to tell what the bonus entails. Players do not need to make a first deposit transaction to claim this freebie. In most gambling sites, you only need to sign up to get your blackjack free bet no deposit bonus. These cash offers are usually small and they may range from 5 to 10 pounds. Claiming this offer lets you enjoy your first real money gambling experience without risking your bankroll.
Cashable and Non-Cashable (“Sticky”) Bonuses
Most Blackjack casinos offer a cashable bonus and let you keep your winnings only when you meet the wagering requirements. On the other hand, some blackjack sites will only offer non-cashable or sticky offers that do not let you keep any proceeds from your bonuses.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
Before you claim a bonus from any of the casinos we recommend, make sure that you read the site’s small print. Most of the blackjack sites in the UK come with their own set of terms and conditions that determine the wagering requirements (ranges from 10% to 50%), expiry limits, and maximum winning caps. Besides game restrictions, these bonuses also come with limitations for certain regions and groups of players.
Blackjack Software Developers
The best online blackjack games in the UK are featured in casinos that are powered by top-notch leasing providers from all over the world. Here is a list of software developers that make it possible for you to gamble in the blackjack tables online:
Microgaming is the leading developer behind popular titles such as Atlantic City and Vegas Strip Blackjack. This giant software developer provides most of the RNG and Live dealer casino blackjack variations in UK’s best online casinos. The game distributor offers a range of Twenty-one games for gamblers with different budgets.
If innovation is what you are looking for, then you won’t go wrong with NetEnt. This developer offers new and unique RNG and Live-dealer casino blackjack titles such as Perfect and Double Exposure Blackjack. Through the NetEnt Virtual Casino, players get different Live gaming experience. NetEnt’s Touch platform offers a smooth and convenient mobile gaming experience as well.
Evolution Gaming provides the perfect live dealer gambling environment. This developer caters for both high rollers and casual players and lets you play from a wide range of VIP and low limit tables. Games from this software developer have features such as Pre-Decision for speedier gameplay and Bet Behind, which allow you to wager on other players’ hands.
Playtech is popular for producing unique RNG games such as Buster and Lucky Lucky Blackjack that offer side bet options on a variety of scenarios. Players looking for a live-dealer experience can get it from Playtech’s state-of-the-art live casino, which is streamed live from Latvia or any of the blackjack sites that are powered by this software developer.
- Is online blackjack a fair game?
- The best blackjack online games are not rigged nor are they a scam. If you are playing from legitimate sites, then you do not need to worry about the fairness of the software. All games from the blackjack sites we recommend are certified for fair play by leading auditing and testing authorities in the gambling industry. Furthermore, the house edges are relatively small and can be reduced with an optimal strategy.
- Can you win in real money blackjack online casino?
- Yes, you can win in an online blackjack UK casino, only if you play with an optimal strategy. This game requires skills and deep knowledge of the game rules, odds, and variations. New players will need to gather more experience and perfect their strategies to get a decent win in online blackjack games. The odds might be slightly against you, but you can win small amounts consistently.
- Can I play online blackjack games for free?
- Yes, you can play blackjack games online for free in the gambling sites that we recommend. However, live-dealer options can only be played for real money. If you are looking to play blackjack online for fun, then try some of the options that we have for you on our recommended list.
- Where can I check the pay-out rate of online blackjack games?
- In our list of the best online blackjack games, we display the pay-out ratios alongside the title which is always written in a ratio (1:1, 3:2, or 6:5). Table games do have standard pay-out percentages, and this is because of certain house rules. The best blackjack sites, the ones that are regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, are required to display their pay-out rate on the software platform. Once the online casino blackjack loads up, click the ‘i’ or ‘help’ button to check the game’s return to player (RTP) rate.
- Should I play online blackjack side bets?
- Side bets offer you an opportunity to increase your wins. Tables that offer this type of wager usually have high house edges. If you wish to try your luck in online blackjack side bets, then you should stick to the ones that have low house edges. For better results, you can try learning a variety of counting systems that are specific to side bets.