Where To Play Baccarat Online In The UK
Talk about baccarat, and the first thing that pops into many peoples' minds is James Bond. 007 is depicted playing this iconic casino card game in no less than five Bond movies. But whereas our spy friend played the game in land-based casinos, gamers today can play baccarat online at hundreds of web-based casinos, many of the best of which are in the UK.
Baccarat is a game of luck, but a player's strategies can influence the outcome, which is what attracts so many gamers to try their hands at what is one of the most popular card-based games of chance. After poker baccarat is the most popular real money card game for gamblers the world over.
If you would like to try online baccarat and you're looking for the best UK online casino to play at (including mobile casinos), you are in exactly the right place.
£300 +100 BS
- New player offer
- Valid for 15 days after 1st deposit.
- Min Deposit £20
- Max Bonus Bet £5
- Winnings from spins capped at £50
- First 100 Zee spins: 10/day. Spins must be used within 24 hours, Funds within 30 days.
- Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35 wagering
- Top-tier software providers
- 1294+ casino games
- 100% safe and secure
50 Extra Spins
- 50 free spins on first deposit.
- After your first deposit you may claim your 30 Extra Free Spins by visiting the Kicker Section.
- Offer is only available for first time depositors.
- Min deposit is £10.
- 50 Free Spins on Book of Dead. (Spin Value: £0.10).
- All wins paid in cash
- Bonus With No Wagering Requirements
- No maximum win
200% Welcome Bonus up to £500
- New players only
- No Deposit Offer: Claim in 48 hrs
- 14 day expiry
- FP wins are credited as bonus and capped at £10, exc. JP win
- 50x wagering
- Deposit Bonus Offer: £20 min deposit
- Valid for selected games
- Bonus wins capped at £500
- 30x wagering – req. vary by game
- Bonus expires within 90 days
- Withdrawal terms, No Deposit Offer terms & Deposit Bonus Offer terms apply.
- Top-Notch Mobile Application
- Average RTP across all games of 96%
- Fair gaming certified through eCOGRA
- 18+ to register
- New customers only
- Min deposit £10
- Wagering requirements: Casino 35x
- Only one bonus can be used at a time.
- Be gamble aware
- Further T&C’s apply.
- 15 progressive jackpot slots
- Daily Slot Tournaments
- 24hr Payouts
- New UK players only, 18+
- A minimum deposit of £10 applies
- Bonus is subject to a 45x wagering requirement
- Skrill and Neteller are ineligible for the welcome offer
- Maximum bet is £5
- Gamble responsible.
- Weekly extra spins
- Offers Live Dealer & Mobile Games
- Progressive jackpots of over $1 million
Why You Can Rely On The Baccarat Casinos We Recommend
There are so many online websites to choose from that are left to your own devices, that your choice might be somewhat hit and miss. Getting it wrong can land gamblers – especially newbies to online gambling – in more trouble than they bargained for. So we do everything we can to make sure that doesn’t happen by doing all the research on your behalf. Here’s what we take into account.
Ensuring Your Safety And Security
The biggest dangers of doing anything online are getting your identity stolen and compromising your financial data. For your part, you need to ensure you have an effective firewall running on your devices. For our part, we ensure that all of the websites we show on our website are licensed and regulated by the UKGC – UK Gambling Commission.
Before issuing a license (and also when they renew one), the UKGC ensures that all online gambling establishments have state-of-the-art encryption in place and that they follow approved protocol in terms of fair play and effective customer support.
Beyond having a current UKGC license, we also verify that online casinos provide:
- A wide range of tried and trusted payment methods
- A list of their terms and conditions
- Comprehensive FAQ page
- The best choice of game software providers
- A wide range of casino games
- Lucrative bonuses, offers and promotions
- Reasonably fast withdrawal times
We also report on things like a casino’s mobile offering and whether or not they offer live-dealer games. Everything that you, as a player, needs to know.
Wide Choice Of Baccarat Games From Which To Choose
Would you like to play free online baccarat? Perhaps you rather play with real money? Maybe you want to play baccarat via your mobile device, or you fancy playing with a live dealer? Of course, there are several variations of online baccarat you can try. Let’s start with the big three – Chemin de Fer, Punto Banco, and Baccarat Banque.
Punto Banco is the most common variant of the game that is found at online casinos. The word “punto” means player, and “banco” means bank. It is played with 8 decks of cards. In this version of baccarat, the House always acts as the banker. The game follows the standard rules of baccarat, which you will find detailed below.
Chemin de Fer
This variant is of French origin. Chemin de fer differs from the other two traditional types of game in several ways. The first and most obvious way is that it is the players who do all of the dealing. The role of banker rotates around the table between the players. Another significant difference is that players have the option of standing or taking another card when the point score of their hand is five. Chemin is played with 6 decks of cards.
Baccarat Banque is another variant from Europe. It differs from the other two traditional games in many ways. Firstly, it is played with only 3 decks of cards. Also, in this variant of the game, the dealer deals two hands to all players but only one to him/herself. Players bid to be the banker with the biggest bid winning. The banker can only bet on his/her hand, and the players can only bet on theirs.
In addition to the 3 traditional forms listed above, there are three others – 3-card, Live, and Mini.
3-Card Baccarat is played with a single deck of cards. Once the bets are placed, each player is dealt with three cards. No more cards are dealt.
The Live variant is a relative newcomer to the online scene. Live games with a live dealer are streamed to players’ computers or mobile devices. In a recent concept change, instead of limiting the numbers of players at a table at any open point in time to around 5, software developers NetEnt and Playtech are now hosting games with an almost unlimited number of players per table.
There are some other software developer-specific variants too. Evolution gaming has four variants in addition to Live Baccarat – they are Speed Baccarat, No Commission Baccarat, Lightning Baccarat, and Baccarat Controlled Squeeze.
Whichever variant you would like to try your hard at, and whether you prefer to play web-based or live or for free or with real money, you’ll find all the information you need to know right here on our website.
Becoming A Skilled Baccarat Player
Learning how to play baccarat is pretty simple. It only takes a matter of minutes to understand the basics, and going down the online option makes it even easier. You can take things at your own pace, and once you are au-fait with the basics of how to play, you can begin by playing for free to gain hands-on experience.
The Basic Rules
The aim of the game is to get a hand that pointwise totals as close to 9 as you can engineer. The cards have the following points values:
- Pip values 2 to 9 – pip value (2=2 points, 3=3 points, etc.)
- 10, Jack, Queen, and King – points value of each is zero
- Ace – points value = 1
In the majority of baccarat games, the player and the dealer each get 2 cards. They are dealt face up. The objective is a total card score of 9 or as close as possible. If the score is 10 or more, the first digit (1) is ignored. So, if your cards total 16 – discount the 1, and your score is 6.
When a hand totals 8 or 9, it is called a natural win, and all bets are paid out. It applies to both the player and the dealer. If there is no “natural” win, the players (and, where applicable, the dealer) are dealt another card. However, if a player’s hand score is 6 or 7, the player stands (figuratively speaking) and is not dealt a third card. The dealer stands on 7, 8, or 9.
Bets are placed before any cards are dealt. A player has three types of bet. He or she can bet on themselves – a player bet; the dealer – a dealer bet, or a tie whereby both player and dealer score the same.
Now for some simple strategies
The Banker Bet
This betting strategy is the one most experts recommend. Why? Because the banker wins slightly more than 50% of the time. That is one of the reasons that casinos put a 5% commission on this type of bet.
The Player Bet
The official win-percentage between the banker and the player bet is very close – 45.84% as opposed to 44.62%. But if you are playing a specific strategy like Martingale, the player bet works out slightly more advantageously.
The Tie Bet
This type of bet attracts a lot of newbie baccarat players because it offers high odds – 8 to 1, in fact. But statistically, the tie bet realisation percentage is only 9.54%, so the chances of it coming up are pretty remote. It is best to avoid it.
The Martingale System
This system is perhaps the most well-known in baccarat circles. It works on the principle of doubling your bet every time you lose. In reality, it is only for the rich with more or less unlimited bankrolls. With the player v banker bet percentages being as close as they are, you can stand to lose big time if you haven’t got deep pockets.
Go With Your Gut
Essentially, the baccarat game is a game of fun, and luck. Players often develop their own systems as they become more experienced. But nothing is ever fool proof, and now and again, a little uncertainty can be a good thing. Despite all of the various strategies, including keeping scorecards, etc., sometimes it’s just good to go with your gut. As far as statistics are concerned, it doesn’t reduce your chances of winning so, why not cut loose and have some fun?
Glossary Of Common Baccarat Terminology
Like any game, this popular casino card table game has its particular terminology for certain circumstances and situations. Here are the ones you will come across most often.
- Baccarat: The nightmare hand – worth absolutely nothing – zilch
- Carte: Used when requesting another card from the dealer
- Fading: The term used when placing a bet
- House Edge: Probably needs no explanation but it is the advantage the casino has over the player
- Loss Bet: The term used to describe a bet made against the bank
- Monkey: Any card that has a point score of 10
- Natural: Two cards totaling 8 or 9 points
- Pass: Describes a win
- Shooter: This term describes the bank, also known as banco
- Upcard: A card dealt face uppermost
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many variations of baccarat are there?
- The most common types are Baccarat Banque or American baccarat, Chemin de fer, Punto Banco, Mini-Baccarat, and Live baccarat. There are also many other game variants made by top software game designers, like Evolution Gaming and Microgaming. For a full list, please check out our website.
- How do you count your points score in baccarat?
- Pip cards are worth their face value. Ten, Jack, Queen, and King are each worth 0, and Aces are worth 1 point. Total the cards in your hand, and where the total is two digits i.e., 16, you only count the second digit i.e., 6
- How can you win a baccarat card game?
- Baccarat is a game of chance. Like any other casino game, the House always has an edge. The best bet is the dealer bet, but there are no guarantees. Trust your gut and hope that Lady Luck smiles at you.
- What are the odds of winning when you play baccarat?
- The dealer bet holds the highest win percentage at 45.84%. The player bet holds the next highest win-percentage at 44.62%. In other words, the odds of winning are slightly below 50/50.
- Where can you play free online baccarat?
- The majority of online casinos that offer baccarat also offer a free version of the game to entice new players and give them a chance to learn the basics. Check out our website for specific examples.
- How do you find the top UK baccarat casinos?
- The best way to find a top online baccarat casino is to bookmark this website and check our pages and reviews regularly.
- Can you play online baccarat safely?
- Yes. Providing your device runs a firewall, and you follow our UK casino recommendations, you can play any game safely.